Covid-19 Safety Measures at the Guild
We feel so lucky that we are able to host events in our indoor spaces at the Guild Hall again! As we welcome audiences, performers and volunteers back, we want to share with you what we’re doing to support everyone’s health and safety during the pandemic.
The plan we’ve developed follows the guidelines set out by Yukon’s Chief Medical Officer of Health and, as this guidance is updated, we will also update our safety measures.
Here are some key things you can expect from the Guild Hall:
- Online tickets only - At this time, you can only buy tickets online at yukontickets.com. Purchase your tickets online and we’ll then have your name on our box office list for your chosen performance night. So there will be no need to exchange paper tickets at the door.
- Assigned, physically distanced seating - All seating at The Guild is now assigned. We also have reduced our capacity so that our cabaret-style seating “bubbles” are 2-metres apart. So you can sit with people from your own bubble and enjoy the show!
- Managed traffic flow - When you arrive at the theatre for a performance, our Front of House manager will greet you and direct you to a safely distanced line to “check-in.” You’ll notice when you arrive that we’ve cleared out our lobby space to allow more space for all our guests’ comfort and safety.
- Staggered entrance times - After checking-in, we will direct you into the OR (Other Room) where you will also have an assigned space pre-show. When the show begins, we stagger the entrance of small groups into the theatre so that there is no getting too close for comfort.
- Ventilation - The theatre is equipped with an air-exchange system that will run throughout the course of the evening.
- Hand sanitizing stations - We now have hand sanitizing stations located throughout our facility. We ask that all patrons use hand sanitizer when arriving and leaving.
- Cleaning and disinfecting - Before and after each performance common surfaces are cleaned and disinfected. Our bar staff will be masked and will regularly clean and sanitize throughout the evening. The washrooms will be thoroughly cleaned each evening and we ask that only 2 patrons at a time use our washroom facilities.
- Masks - All of our front of house, box office and bar volunteers will wear masks on performance evenings .Effective November 23, 2020 we are asking all our guests to wear masks at all times while inside The Guild Hall. We will be temporarily closing our bar services to support this.
- Refund policy - We ask that if you are not feeling well or exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19 that you stay home and not attend the performance. We invite you to rebook your tickets for when you are well or receive a full refund by contacting the Yukon Arts Centre box office at 867-667-8574.
We are truly thrilled to have our beloved audience back in the Guild Hall. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns about our policies.